Monday, September 8, 2008

Things to Do...Before Age 22

I will be 22 in less than three months. I concede that I have idealistic, romantic notions about birthdays, cities, relationships, and well, life in general, but aside from graduating college and spending time with my fabulous family, my 21st year on Earth sucked some hairy donkey balls. It amazes me how much time I have frittered away lamenting, regretting, pining, whining, vegging, and just basically being a 5'10, 140-pound waste of displaced air. One of my best friends said that if you want things to happen to you that have never happened before, your best bet is to do things you have never done. So, I will try to take on a new attitude this fall and get the fuck up and out of my rut. I've noticed I respond really well to making lists because of the giddy pride I get out of scratching tasks off as I complete them, so here goes.

I really want to:

  • Take a fun trip outside of the state, and spend no more than 8 hours each day in wherever I am sleeping.
  • Find 5 new things to do in my city.
  • Take care not to neglect my friends.
  • Finish an article of clothing from scratch.
  • Finish writing a chapter-sectioned story.
  • Meet 5 new people.
  • Get to 100 posts on my blog.
  • Act on impulse rather than second guess myself. (Kind of like George Costanza doing the opposite of what he normally did on Seinfeld)
  • Smile even when I am all alone.
  • Reconnect with at least 5 old friends.
  • Be in Las Vegas (if affordable :-/) on or near my birthday. (This could count as my trip!)
  • Try out for something I normally wouldn't.
  • Finish my medical school secondary applications.
  • Vote.
  • Save at least $1000 dollars between now and then. (It sort of conflicts with Vegas, hahaha, I know.)
  • Make two more stock investments (under advisement...the market's been kind of rough).
  • Read a classic book. (I suck them up like water in dry sponges.)

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I think these goals are lofty enough. In light of my new attitude, I will say (type) with confidence that I can make all of these happen.

1 comment:

Sally said...

That is a lot of things to do in only 3 months! Well it is for me...maybe i should become more proactive! Hope you get to do them all though, especially the trip! x