Sunday, November 2, 2008

Werewolf Bar Mitzvah, Spooky, Scary!


Halloween just passed, in case you either live under a rock, are so overworked you didn't know, or just don't live in North America or the couple of other countries it's celebrated in. I was African-American Daria, which essentially means I didn't put any effort into a costume at all. Oh, sure, I dress better than her, but we're both facetious, sort of cynical, and smarter than about 90% of our peers. Plus, the glasses. Can't forget those.

My sister was to be Foxxy Cleopatra *finger snap*. You have to snap with the name, or my little sis will pester you deaf. Let the Beyonce worship continue. My brother was a teenager who doesn't give a crap about Halloween, but will totally take candy from strangers. So, he, like me, was himself.

On a totally unrelated note, here's my list of crap that frightens me/sickens me. Not surprisingly, it's, like my life, in no particular order.

1) Snakes
2) Spiders
3) Clowns, especially Tim Curry's horrifying "It" clown. Bluuuurrrrrggggh!
4) Sarah Palin's political intellect and discretion
5) John McCain's face
6) Driving over long bridges
7) HIV
8) The popularity of combining couple's names: Brangelina, Bennifer, Nariah, Bey-Z
9) The use of text speak in regular conversation
10) Cancer
11) Other people's feet
12) Joe Biden's hair
13) Tara Reid's body
14) The accumulated success of Soulja Boy, T-Pain, Rihanna, Cassie, etc.

This is my half-assed post (well, quarter-assed, my other posts are half-assed) b/c I am recovering from an ear infection in each ear and a majorly awful sinus infection. Two antibiotic shots in my arms? Yeesh.

No comments: