Saturday, May 3, 2008

Guilty Pleasures (Music edition)

I love Robyn. Ever since "Show Me Love" back in like '98 or whatever...I can't explain it. She's just fantastic. She has that tinny, pop-y voice, but wonderfully enough, neither her singing nor her songs annoy me, or do my head in, so to speak (I love the way people talk overseas!). She fell off fast in the fickle US market, but Europe knows her...mostly...I think. I love that she writes and produces too. She strikes me as really quirky and kind of strange, but that only makes me like her more. Take a look @ my blogroll..."Konichiwa Bitches" (I thought "beeches" would be much less offensive, haha) is my number 2 favorite song of hers. This is my number one.




"Who's That Girl" has great and simple lyrics, and...at the risk of sounding like a pothead...it speaks to me, man. Everything she says in the song is how I feel, but I guess music's supposed to do that. Plus I love the music. Electro-pop has always been a guilty pleasure of mine - but just like chopped and screwed music - it has to be "done right" and Robyn does it right.

10 comments:

Seeker said...

Well, maybe Europe knows her but I didn't :(
I'm glad you posted about because I felt interested.

Thanks for sharing.

xx

ROBOTS said...

Robyn is great! you already saw that it was posted in the E.R?
xoxo

Cait said...

Hey, glad you're still watching GREEK. Gotta wonder what's up with Rusty and GREEK hater...and it looks really good ..Rebecca couldn't be pregnant, could she?

Thanks for reading. And Thanks for sharing the Robyn stuff, too.

..... said...

oh yeah im lovin that girl and her wicked style

Fashion Addict said...

hey! I'm glad you got your computer back! I just added your link, so don't forget to add mine!!! thanks

Sister Libby said...

"Chopped and screwed", hahaha. Electro-pop is fantastic! And yeah, I want to DO Jim Morrison. Well, if he was alive...

Regine said...

Robyn is a great artist, love her music! :)

I like your blog - have a nice day!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I don't know this artist, I'll have to give her a listen to.

Danz said...

I love Robyn! I love her song 'Handle Me'. That's a real anthem there.

ediot said...

i really like her too. her style and so.
SHE looks perfect here!