Friday, May 16, 2008

Pump and Circumstance (The Graduation Post)

I had 2 dresses. The reason is because my university is relatively large, so there is a recognition ceremony for the individual schools, and then a big ceremony with orators and such with all of the schools combined.

On the day of the recognition ceremony it rained with utter disdain for the happy occasion, complete with cold winds and chilly temperatures. So, I was incredibly out of place in this number:




Thank goodness we had to wear our robes. But I really like the bold colors of this dress. I wore it with my new favorite foot-murdering Bakers silver peep-toes. I really weighed my options between the two dresses I had regarding the above dress and the dress I am about to show. I felt much more comfortable spending graduation day (with the greeting people and dinner and all of that) under my coat in this dress. To my pleasant surprise, particularly since both were purchased for less than $20 the night before, I got lots of compliments on both.




PS, I realize this post has nothing to do with pumps, I just thought the title was really cute. :-)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both of your dresses! They both look so cute and appropriate

Seeker said...

Both dresses are lovely, and you look awesome in them, it's hard to choose the better.

xx

ellie said...

They both look adorable..hope you are having a good weekend.

Sister Libby said...

Love, love, love, love, love the first dress. Really. It looks amazing. And congrats on graduating.

Kira Aderne said...

wow!
i love the dresses!!!

a kiss :)

Melody.Darlene said...

loves it!! especially the 2nd one!

Fashion Addict said...

the dresses are so nice!

Richel said...

that blue looks great against your skin!

Gloria said...

adorable! Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you! I added you onto my blogroll :)

Sally said...

I love the colour of the blue one! X

molly said...

very cute dresses!

WendyB said...

Both dresses are beautiful.

Sheryl W said...

you look wonderful in both dresses!

Diana Coronado said...

Luvly !!

Kimberley said...

The black and white dress looks so perfectly fitting on you!

Marte said...

I love both of them! :)

Pamela Tan said...

the white dress! so pretty! :)

Jimena said...

The colour in the first dress looks truly amazing on you. I wish I was able to wear those colours, but since I can't, I'll just admire those who can!