Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Made a Skirt!

It's blue/green plaid, very Gossip Girl. I will post pix tomorrow. I think I can do more, in terms of altering this skirt as well as modifying a crapload of old things in my closet. Things have been very boring lately**, so I have been sewing. Despite my grandmother teaching me the basics in elementary school, I am still very new to the whole thing, but I found a couple of sites for newbies like me. You know, those who have a million creative ideas swimming around, yet with no clue how to translate any of them to clothes.

http://www.burdastyle.com

http://www.threadbanger.com

Lazy post, yeah, but check 'em out!

**When I say boring, I of course mean that all on my horizon at the moment is a job search :-( and final exams. Plus nothing's happening socially as I got into an argument with Roomie (who doesn't?). The upshot is she was blasting music while I was taking my practice MCAT, I got an attitude, and now she has decided to give me the silent treatment. Even though she's 24... Yeah. So, essentially, I am not exactly feeling at my funniest right about now. Not with so much nonsense happening, anyway. But I promised myself to stay on top of things here, and this is one of the things I look forward to all week long. So I will have to compensate on the funny for a bit. Who knows, maybe a joke will spill out accidentally.

9 comments:

Seeker said...

wow, you sewed your own skirt... that's great.
I don't like to sew, so I admire who does it.

Well, I'll look forward to see the pictures of your skirt.

Yas said...

Thanks for your message E.Jay! (that pic back on my blog is pretty amazing, right!).
Did you venture to freefroot.com and get your free nature-girl shea butter organic cream?

Boutique Mix Fashion said...

that's awesome!! Will swing back around to check out the pictures!!!

J said...

yeah post it! i'll check back tomorrow! curious to see:)

Jovana said...

Thanks for linking me, and for nice comments. Unfortunately, I'm not a good sewer (yet). My dress was made by a taylor.
I realized that how I wrote that part was misleading, so I fixed it.
Looking forward to seeing the skirt you've made!

ROBOTS said...

Tks for the comment, baby!
Hey, E.R is on in facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=26562840257

Kira Aderne said...

hello!!

that is so nice doing your own clothes, since i was a child i wanted to do, but i really have no talent for that...only to apreciate a good look!

hehehe

a kiss and a hug,
thanks for passing,

Kira

Melody.Darlene said...

if only i knew how to make use of a needle and thread! i still sew the way we did in pre-school with the felt and big ass yarn! hahahah!

SET said...

Wow you made that shirt? Wow I wish I could sew, boy I will be broke all the time.