Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Closet Dregs

Ok guys, here's my skirt.

Honest to blog (haha, that's annoying, I know) it seems kind of anti-climatic on here. But, it's still really cute when worn, and it's got pleats. It's kind of difficult to go wrong with plaid and pleats, I think. It's my first attempt at making anything, so I'd like to think I did a decent job for a beginner. :-) Roomie's still a grouch, so I don't have a camera person. Thus, the following pics are the result of some strange maneuvers and camera angles. I did the best I could with editing.
I liked the outfit I chose, but it's hard to translate to digital, apparently. It started out looking very typical Catholic school girl at first, so I put the slinky J. Lo shirt (from freshman year, guys, she was still popular then!) on top, since I never wear it.
In my narcissism, I find it urgent to let you know my belly's not sticking out, it's just the messy folds of the white button down.
Hehe, a little over-the-top wannabe sexy, just wanted you guys to see the full outfit. Unfortunately, it's gotta be in pieces.
I have major Paris Hilton wonk-eye in the pic, but that's ok, hopefully it will go away once I graduate and am not so tired ALL OF THE TIME(!). I used the scraps of the plaid material as a headband. I plan to make a real headband out of it soon.
I threw on a cami so you guys could see the skirt a little better. I also really wanted you guys to see the Baker's shoes on feet. It was a really cute combo, overall. I just wish my stitching on the skirt was perfect :-(, but I can be a perfectionist so in reality it would probably never be right.


Hope you like it!

25 comments:

Yas said...

The skirt is awesome! you're so good...reminds me I have to get my machine out.

Ok, so about that Nature Girl giveaway...the hidden email address is sales@nature-girl.com
so if you email your name and address to sales@nature-girl.com you'll get a free shea butter body balm (hopefully they didn't run out yet cos it's really good stuff!)

PLUS, there will be loads more cool giveaways coming up on www.freefroot.com just so you know.

Sister Libby said...

Oh jeez. I love the skirt. I always start sewing projects (usually beach tote bags) and then stuff the material under my bed. I like the shoes too.

Chelsea Rae said...

This makes me wish I could sew, yet again. My sister's boyfriend bought her a Hello Kitty sewing for Christmas, but neither she nor I know how to sew. Needless to say its still in the box collecting dust. YOu shoes are super cute too, I love the bow!

p.s. The lyric was definitely from The Bravery, I sort of have a bit of a long standing obsession with them, and a couple dozen other bands for that matter. Go Gossip Girl for playing good music! One episode they pretty much played the entire EP from The Virgins, who also make that obsession list. (this is a long p.s.)

ellie said...

That is so cool! Wow, you're gonna want to sew more now..

The totally outfit works. (white shirt wit the jumper). Did you make the jumper too?

Cool.

..... said...

your legs seem so hot

Regine said...

I love your skirt =) and your shoes as well. Have a nice day,girl!

Benedicte said...

I like the skirt, you did a really good job!

Jovana said...

The skirt looks so good, and you're a beginner, wow! Cute shoes!

Sheryl W said...

that's a great skirt! great work. love the shoes too!

Seeker said...

Girl, you did a great job with your skirt. It's so nice and cute.
Love the shoes.

xx

lara said...

wow good job!! It fits you perfectly!!

Molly :] said...

Thats a great skirt!
Its amazing that you made it yourself! Im going to try and make a 'circle skirt' although i dont know how well it will turn out!

Thanks for accepting, i've addded you :) xx

FASHION CHALET said...

love the skirt ♥ amazing!!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

You have great style
I love the plaid skirt and black top the best!
All the pieces are wonderful, especially the skirt;)

SET said...

Love the skirt it is a piece you will have for a while. thx for stopping by my blog too.

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

great : good taste !
congratulation !

you could be a typical stylish parisian girl ! lol

i am a street style photographer in Paris, have a look to my photo romance and tell me if you feel like moving in to Paris !
lol

cheers

Kamel
street style romancer in Paris

Ana said...

Alot of people on the forums I go on have this opposition to plaid skirts (maybe because they see them as Aberzombie) BUT I personally loveeee them.

Kira Aderne said...

hello!

so nice you´ve done that!!!
i love it!
so last fashion, so nice on you, you are so beautiful and have a nice body and legs!
keep doing that!

a kiss and a hug,
from the friend,
Kira

Auntie Tati said...

You must be really talented in sewing if the skirt is your first ever. Good job :)

Anonymous said...

You did such a good job! I made a skirt a while back and it got me totally addicted to DIY :)

Anonymous said...

You did a good job on the skirt. I have a button on this black suit which is literally hanging on by two threads!

I'll be your best friend if you sew it back on for me :)

geri hirsch said...

good job!!!

Adele said...

i love what yourve done with the skirt =]x

Unknown said...

YOU ACTUALLY STUCK WITH SOMETHING FOR A CHANGE.. I AM PROUD OF YOU.. THE SKIRT IS NICE, I GUESS YOU HAVE SOME TIME ON YOUR HANDS.. LOL... AND WHO ARE YOU LOOKING SEXY FOR, WITH YOUR BREASTS ALL OUT AND STUFF... HHHMMMM

Diva's #1 fan said...

Ohhh... my bff looks BEAUTIFUL in her pics!!!! My, how we've grown since our high school days. I love your skirt... BUT love the "blessings" even more! lol... Bascially, I'm just smitten with you... but don't let me keep you. You should be out there making new bffs... Get to work! ;-D