Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Original Prankster

Happy April Fools' Day! I gave up on the 4/1 jokes after high school, but I remember my favorites. In my finale joke, my pièce de résistance, I woke up extra early (which I never do) and hid under my parents' bed while cooling my hand in ice. When my parents' alarm went off and my mom put her legs down on the floor, I grabbed one of her ankles with my cold hand. She didn't take it well, suffice to say. She was a great sport after the fact and even got me back too (it's embarrassing, don't know if I will divulge it), but I could have given her a heart attack, or something.

I once put a real-looking lizard (that I bought in the Bahamas) in my Open Doors teacher's chair in 8th grade, or 7th. She screamed, hopped around and kicked it to the floor. Surprisingly, no one ratted me out.

I drew male genitalia on my older brother's face while he slept, and another year (I was in 3rd grade, I think), I put hot sauce on his fingers and tickled his nose with a pipe cleaner so he would dig in it. That produced funny yet possibly blinding results because he didn't feel it burning right away...and he rubbed the sleep from his eyes when he started awake.

That same year as the hot sauce thing (that happened during the day, this next one happened that morning) I put one of my brother's dirty socks in my cousin's mouth while she slept (hey, they read my diary together, so it's not like they didn't have it coming!). When she awakened (she did notice she was breathing funny, after all), she pulled it out, let out a howl, and put about half a tube of toothpaste in her mouth.

And, yes I have done the saran wrap on the toilet bowl, swapping sugar for salt, loose cap on the ketchup, hand in warm water, short-sheeting the bed...all the "classics", really, but my original jokes are always mean like that, because I have this strange liking for physical comedy. I decided not to do anymore though. I swear am not really a mean person, but for some reason, jokes like those make me laugh. I choose to sacrifice my amusement at physical comedy (most of the time) to maintaining good relationships with family members and friends. So now I just live vicariously through the April Fools' Day jokes and random pranks of others.

Got any?

20 comments:

Molly :] said...

haha. your pranks made me laugh!

I would love to say i have some too- but im more of the jokes-on-them person :) x

bronwyn said...

Hehe!!!! Our newspapers were full of April fools jokes today, very funny.

Sister Libby said...

I'm so glad I'm not in your family..hahaha. And I like your blog too.

Jimena said...

Hey! I'm glad you liked me blog, I hope you drop by once in a while and I don't disappoint you!

xxx Jimena

P.S. I LOVE the silver shoes you got! Maybe I'm just attracted to shiny things too.

sridevi said...

Haha! I think the biggest prank I ever pulled was putting salt in my mom's water when I was in elementary school. Go me :)

Melody.Darlene said...

hahahah! classic!! all i did today was send out a mass text telling ppl i was pregnant! hahahah! most didnt buy it though! lmao!

Seeker said...

ahahahahah I laught a lot, so funny.

Thank you for visited my blog and left a comment.

I'm liking yours, so I'm going to check it often.

Feel free to come back again.

xoxo

maverickandlove said...

haha omg i cant believe you did that! your mther was probabaly so frightened.. i think its so funny though that you put ur hand in ice waiting for that moment haha

Romany said...

Omg this is comedy gold! I never played into the whole April Fools thing but you've definitely given me some ideas...Lol.
Keep it up! ;)
Romany
xx

ellie said...

You definitely come up with some great April Fool jokes.

um..go undie shopping with your best friend's maybe boyfriend?

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I need to start pulling some pranks again...we did throw a boy in the creek last night, but it was his birthday.

Tram said...

thanks for coming by my blog :]
these pranks of yours made me laugh but as much as i love physical comedy, when it comes to april fools day i fall for pranks more than i do them on other people.

if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is short-sheeting the bed mean?

I really like your writing, I'll visit your blog often!

J said...

really like that silver heel you brought, i don't care wether they're knock offs or not lol just basically what aren't "inspired"? "knock offs" may be just a more badly term for it:)

and regarding that prank u used on ur mom, i'm surprise enough that she didn't jump off the bed or something like that bcos my mom would probably be screaming then lol.

Molly :] said...

I would love to exchange links..
I'll add you right away..
:) x

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

nobody really participated at work it made me sad, some good stuff online though!

Kira Aderne said...

nice text, 1st of april it´s a funny day :)


a kiss,

Kira

hannah said...

i can never come up with anything good to do for april fools. so i have just given up...

Style Spot said...

haha your pranks were great !
they made me laugh out loud !
I can never pull off a good prank..I always give myself away..and instead I am the one who always get pranked :p

xx

Secretista said...

pahhhahah!

SKYLA said...

Oh your pranks are so funny! They remind me of when I used to prank anmd trick people all the time. good memories!