Monday, March 10, 2008

GirlCrush: Rashida Jones



I am trying out this new type of post, where each week or so (you know my posting habits already, I am sure) I write briefly about a celebrity (that's the current criterion) woman I admire for her various attributes: be it style, charity, poise, intelligence, beauty, character, talent, etc. I call it GirlCrush simply because I often find myself gushing, "Oh my God, I love her!" when I see one of them. Contrary to popular belief, females are not always catty or jealous, and I am sure there are many girls like me who have found women to admire.

The first of these is Rashida Jones, daughter of legendary mogul Quincy Jones and one of the coolest girls in 60's TV, Peggy Lipton (best known as Detective Julie Barnes of the Mod Squad). In case you were living in a bomb shelter somewhere since Steve Carell first made his presence known, you have seen Rashida in the hit show, The Office. Outside of seeing her always at Quincy Jones' side as a younger girl, I was first introduced to Rashida on the series Boston Public. She's done a number of movies, and a couple of shows, too. You can now watch her on the new FOX show, Unhitched, which I really hope sticks around on the lineup. She's also a singer/songwriter like her dad. Recently I read a brief article on her and found out she was shunned by an all-black Greek organization at Harvard (which surprises me, for who wouldn't want Q's daughter as a member?), and I totally sympathized! It just made me love her more. From what I have seen of her personality, she seems a lot like me, and it's no wonder they didn't take her. She strikes me as the type to always be on the outskirts, "on the verge" of fitting in, but not quite, be it for her own choices or out of others' misunderstanding. Hence, she oozes fantastic awesomeness.

I wish my picture had come out bigger...grr. I heard she now has a green clothing line with a friend. I hate celebrity's putting their names on the designs of others and claiming it for their own, but power to her for making it enviro-friendly. She has such great style to me. If I were a celebrity, I think many of my days would be spent looking like her (with a bit of Agyness Deyn's hipster quirkiness infused). She is so adorably casual, sometimes leaning towards dressing like a trendy guy, and when she gets glam, she just looks so effortlessly gorgeous. Plus, I love how no matter what she wears she looks comfortable in it, like she's just having the most fun. I wonder why she doesn't model? I would so buy what she's selling.

7 comments:

Secretista said...

Rashida Jones... I've never seen her before! She's so adorable!

Gloria said...

yeah I totally agree...I remmeber looking her up on imdb and I was really impressed!

Monika said...

she looks cute! ^^

e. jay said...

You guys! :-) watch Unhitched! Or watch a few older episodes of The Office...it's funnier so far, but Unhitched has got potential. Thanks for reading!

Mónica said...

she is lovelyf

Dollfaced Rebel said...

I love her!

Liz Lizo said...

yeah I did have a girl crush on her, but i like her sister, Kidada, more.