Sunday, March 30, 2008

Carnival!


I have a love for all things cheesy, or what I affectionately call kitschy, and carnivals are one of them: the "fixed" games, the shoddy rides, and the inconvenient timing (that couple of weeks where the weather is transitioning, so it's either raining, cold, or both). Roomie, Rock Band Buddy By and I ventured to one last night about half an hour from home. It was in an outlet mall's expansive parking lot (natch) and it was about 50 degrees and decreasing by the hour. We made bets on the games we played (the water-squirting racers, crossbow target practice, popping balloons, and even the Big Slide) and went to a couple of funhouses.

By took a pic of me in front of a mirror that gave me a huuuuuuuge butt, but it didn't register on the camera apparently. Oh well, guess even in distorted images, I am not meant to have a "black girl butt". And yes, there is an Elmo stuffed in my hoodie in the right pic. I tried a fried Oreo (or four) for the first time and even ate chili cheese fries out of a phony dog bowl. Ahh, a slice of classic Americana! Oh, and the carnies! One was desperate to take Roomie on a date, and I encountered one whose real voice sounded like a cross between Boomhower (sp?) from King of the Hill, that voice box Vietnam guy from South Park, and the Scream killer's voice changer. Spoo-ooky! I challenged that it wasn't his real voice, and maybe I hurt his feelings. Oops. No bearded ladies and sword-swallowers, though. We still had a great deal of fun. The whole carnival experience made me think of those Miu Miu ads with Kirsten Dunst.

I jacked it from someone's site (thanks Google images!) so if it's yours, sorry! If you know whose it is, I will give credit, no prob.

Oh! And we went shopping beforehand (of course, it was an outlet!) and Roomie scored these really cute sneakers in a size 9. We searched for a 9.5 for me, but to no avail.

Too bad, I soooo love houndstooth and plaid right now, and I am definitely a Nike girl. But it pleases me to know that she said I have encouraged her to take more fashion risks! :-D big whopping smile on my face. That's great, because she said if she had to pick one outfit to be her uniform forever, it would be a white shirt, jeans and white sneakers. !!!!! I don't know what to say other than put exclamation marks. I would perish in a uniform. Ok, maybe that's dramatic but it would suck royally. Unless, I could constantly change shoes and accessories. I digress as usual. I got some really cute heels too. And they were from Baker's! I don't even like Baker's but I am just attracted to shiny things.

I am certain they are a knockoff of something, but who cares! I got 'em for like 70% off. The cashier said they are last season or something. I find it laughable that places who sell knock-offs have "seasons", especially when their knock-offs are from designer's old seasons. I don't really care about wearing last season's anything. If it looks fabulous, it doesn't matter right? Right? I don't know, maybe I am wrong...nah!

14 comments:

Tori said...

I take no notice of seasons cos i can't afford proper designer stuff so it doesn't really matter i don't think. I could be wrong though, i wish there was someone to tell us the correct answer.
I really like those trainers, i've always been intrigued by nike. I also like your Bakers shoes!

Aisha said...

I loved the baker's shoes. lovely.
and the miu miu ads... were nice too.

maverickandlove said...

ahh i love canrivlas.. esp all of the food there! aha and thanks for your comment, im really looking foward to going to the school! i love your silver shoes, the bows on the side are so adorbale!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Carnivals are so fun! I haven't gone to one in forever and I would love to.

Kira Aderne said...

hello!

thanks for adding me!

i love that silver peep shoes, so classy!

a kiss and a hug,

Kira

molly said...

a carnival! how exciting...havent been in ages. sounds rad

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I love those nikes, they can come up with such creative designes sometimes!!

Jill said...

Love the heels you got. The bow detail is great. Really can't imagine the voice of that guy you were talking about, those voices combined just sounds odd to me.

Unknown said...

Glad that you had fun at the carnival and yes your butt doesn't look big even with that magic mirror (lol.. damn a sista can't catch a break) ... Going shopping again I see. hhhmmm, guess we had a little stash saved up

FASHION CHALET said...

You love shoes, so do I. I can never seem to have enough :P it's a sickness I tell you.. LOL

Tram said...

I definitely thought about the miu miu shirts/dresses with the colorful clown pictures on them when the word carnival came up :] if offered some stuff from that collection, i dont think i would pick the ultra-flashy dresses, maybe just the bloomers underneath them!

those shoes are fab, definitely try to create a bunch of different outfits around them ;] ive been hoping to score some metallic shoes myself, but we dont have Baker's here in NJ, but we do have DSW? hehe.

ediot said...

i like your hoodie a lot! thanks for you comments by the way. :)

YouSaidHello said...

very nice heels!

Anonymous said...

those sneakers are hot!! I would love them in 2 other different colors, something crazy.