Monday, March 3, 2008

The Place to be

The past 2 weekends have cemented 2 things in my mind: 1) being drunk for 48 hours straight is not a good idea (especially for a rookie like me), and 2) I love, love, love gay clubs, and I am sure there are many kinds but I mean the really techno-heavy, house mix, sweat-your-hairdo-out gay clubs. It's probably because I get called fierce, which (is kinda dated but) I love only because the gay guys I know would never say it if they didn't mean it, as well as getting to wear some smokin' hot outfit without getting hit on (as many black lesbians I have seen appear to frequent straight clubs to hear hip-hop/r&b/top 40 hits). It's fantastic to dance the night away without your "radar" on. You know, having to be on the lookout that some ugly guy is gonna creep up on you and start humping your leg. Aside from the confines of my iPod headphones, it's the only type of place I can listen to Madonna, Whitney, and Janet club mixes to my heart's content, and actually (gasp!) enjoy Britney and Rihanna songs. Plus the guys are often hot and shirtless (sometimes pants-less, due to the check your pants at the door, get in free Saturday night they had), so there is eye candy abundance.

The one place that Roomie and I attend with something like regularity is be bar, as Roomie's ex-roomie, our incredibly stylish friend, we'll call her Maven (short for Fashion Maven, natch), works there. We also bring our cool, hip, and metrosexual Rock Band buddy By with us. He's great. So anyway this one particular night, I was coaxed (not hard, since I was already tipsy) into doing my "model walk" down the sidewalk in this:


I soooo would've been a late 80's early 90's queen! See, Susan? Took your advice and wore the jacket. I loved it...the whole look. The dress is this thick-strapped, tight fitting number that made my body look fantastic in person. Yes, my head is swelling. Stupid lighting...the tights were the same bright purple as one of my fave Urban Decay eyeshadows, Flash, which I was wearing.


I would show it to you but I hate close-ups of my face. Trust me when I say it was great. I had my kohl black Diorshow mascara and did a mod/Amy Winehouse winged eye with my eyeliner, which I highlighted and blended with the purple on my lid and did stark purple under my lower lashes. I love a dramatic eye for night! Although in the club (and in the pics, apparently) it was hardly visible, I knew it was there and that's what matters, right? Long story short, I had a fantastic time although vodka and tequila were emanating from my pores all weekend. Yuck.

4 comments:

maverickandlove said...

first off i want to say that i love your jacket! and that cost on your last post.. it is so adorable i never heard of romeo... but 200 is definitly too much for me. and i actually like SJParkers bitten line. I've bought two shirts and a vest from her line and i love it... and i love how its so cheap, although i am not a fan of the pants

Alyssa said...

hahahaha "amanda bynes wet seal on speed dial"

love it. really enjoyed this and the last post... my gosh icann wait to go party like legitly at clubs. house parties are so freaking gay and no one dances, which I firmly believe is the purposeof all parties hahaha!

andyour trench...cuuuute.
and if you don't mind me asking where did you go to college?

e. jay said...

@ maveri_ck<3: Thanks a bunch! 2 each her own on the Bitten line. I tend to hate anything not couture that forces me to "suppress my chest" to wear it, tho. I do think it's a great find for girls who are great at accessorizing basic pieces and are much less Jessica Rabbit than I am up top.

@ alyssa: house parties are beyond lame, esp. when some jerk tosses his cookies on the host's couch! Imagine explaining that one to your mom when she gets home. Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated. And for the record, I am in my final (God, yes!) semester at Howard U in DC.

ediot said...

i really like this outfit!